How to darken part of the face, as in this example?

I got the picture.
I want to do something similar, it is necessary that also it was visible only part of the face, the rest gradually "goes into the shadows" and it is not particularly visible. I don't understand how to do so. The tool "blackout" doesn't help me.
June 27th 19 at 15:03
2 answers
June 27th 19 at 15:05
Personally, I would do this:
1) would Create an adjustment layer "Levels / Levels" they fiddle with sliders until the shading reaches more or less the desired degree.
2) Then using a layer mask with a gradient fill and brush would have removed the effect from the areas of the frame where the shading too.
3) And additionally adjust to all through the "Curves / Curves"
Another thing is that if the frame is not contributing to the shadow lighting, the results will in any case extremely unnatural.
June 27th 19 at 15:07
Or the sounds of a bunch of layers and apply to them different effects: blur and lay a gradient of 10%

Find more questions by tags Adobe Photoshop