Does it make sense to send a message to specific user using socket.io?
There is a certain game, there are players and spectators. Is there any difference in these approaches:
1. Players and spectators shared in different namespac's/room, and events for players and spectators send everyone in your namespace/room.
2. Players and spectators in the same namespace and in the same room, but they have no listeners for a particular event(for example the players don't have a handler for the event "score", and the audience is)
1. How much will clog the air during 1 the approach? How many clients will it be noticeable?
2. Are there any pitfalls with the approach 2? (overlaps with the first question)
3. The first 2 questions, but considering that to change the logic of the entire game with 2 approach at first need to rewrite the lion's share of the project.