All kind time of day.
A year and a half studying the web(html/css/php/js)
I know some engines(WP,Bitrix,OpenCart)
Over the shoulders multiple landing pages and corporate websites.
But I can't find a job in that field(in the Backend go to the Front without a difference).But then was invited to work the Internet marketer.Examine contextual advertising,analyzing the conversion of the clients and customize advertising campaigns.For the post of trainee,that is, the first 2 months ZP 20 thousand,but you need to study 24/7 to pass this time.After a promise to 25,then 30, etc.
And that's the issue.
I should quit programming and learn Internet marketing.
For the second day scratching their heads.
Thank you in advance for your answers.
PS I would Like to learn from people who know both of the profession and what the prospects for them.
Checked in to reply.
He worked in the field of Internet marketing for 9 years and I'll tell you...
If you're on the mentality of humanist, as well as make a good impression and can confidently say (gift of gab) - Yes, you can achieve marketing success.
But if you're with a technical mind, if the lie (or what is called "to show themselves/their services with the best hand") and you're disgusting if you hate to throw words to the wind (a classic of the genre, when in the words of the marketer explains how they are 100% and guaranteed withdrawal site to the top, and watch the contract - they would not respond, and generally not in the business), if you're nasty "salespeople" as people, if you're quiet, reserved, stuttering, not produce the "desired" effect on the client, then marketing is not yours.
9 years I spent (not quite blank, but still) on Internet marketing, and only a year ago realized that 80% of the value of a specialist in this field, not his skills, but in how he speaks and looks.
Plus, the salary cap, on average, in the programming above.
Alternatively, gain experience in the promotion of sites you can create and promote some of their projects, and live in the is with them, but in this area things are not so simple - the field is constantly changing, and often die the whole industry, for example those who have successfully mastered the niche of "earnings by posting articles and links" lost 70-90% of their income, when in 2015 came minusinks. And those who earns on contextual and banner advertising is now increasingly suffering from the popularity of ad-blocker.
zelma.Heller33 answered on August 19th 19 at 22:44
The answer to himself the question: "Why do I want to be a programmer/marketer/designer, etc."? Can anywhere on the web not to Shine his answer, just fix it for yourself on a piece of paper.
I back-end developer. Why am I writing code? What drives me to get up every morning, turn on the PC and communicate with clients? In my case the answer is: "I'd be the last scum, if I don't write code for this world." For me programming is a way of expression, I "talk" with the world around me through your program. Someone to Express plays the guitar, someone who paints pictures. I write the code. If I'm not going to do that, I'm going to assume very, very bad person.
I have a soul "is" writing/reading code, digging in the manuals, log analysis, etc. To which the soul is you? What do you prefer: programming or marketing? You can't do what you don't like. Make a choice in favor of one thing and dig deep into out to in a day. The money then they will come, the main thing that then when they do you will be, you could sleep peacefully, not nibbling yourself for what "But I had then...."
kariane.Langworth54 answered on August 19th 19 at 22:46
Was a weak programmer (HTML, CSS, PHP). Education technical. But there were many friends in PR and advertising (not online advertising), so it's always been a little bit close to this, got a small experience in his student years. And at some point I realized that I can combine two interesting trends in Internet marketing.
Now, after 6 years, I'm strong enough specialist, have the opportunity to work freelance to provide paid consulting, training.
About the comments above I can say that the Toaster is, of course, more programmers, and marketers always dismissive attitude. In fact, the marketer is equally important for the company and sometimes much more than the developer.
1. The salary is decent, it is comparable to paying a good programmer (not 400$ and not even 1000$), but without the stress, nerves, deadlines. There are prospects for even greater s/n as for those top developers and timothv, but this has required a special temperament, to revolve in the right circles, to speak a foreign language, to possess specific skills, be ready to "live" at work. But I, for example, heart's not in it.
2. To communicate in person with customers have to not every marketer. For this there are account managers, sales managers. So you can at least stutter, even walking in the stretched sweater. But it is necessary to write correctly and beautifully.
3. Yes, Internet marketing is often routine. But the really good specialist to be really difficult. It runs much deeper than "pick banners". The complexity is comparable to the solution of problems of a programmer. But the programmer the complexity is a very profound and subtle approach to the solution of problems in a small number of areas that a marketer needs to have knowledge in a wide range of areas, although not necessarily with such care. Often the marketer also needs to understand a little bit in everything that surrounds us, customers come with different tasks and different products.
4. Innovation in marketing is much more than in development. I'm watching the new versions of the languages, development environments, software frameworks, new approaches. But in marketing we have to invent something new - new sources, new media, new strategies, combinations. And if the development is successful code to use another expert is correct that in marketing, a good strategy will be reviewed by all and use it again to be ineffective, you need to invent something different, new.
5. But still, the first comment was correct. You need to understand what the soul lies more. Because even if you do not raise the issues of complexity, payment and other things, but to learn and, consequently, to achieve something You will be able only when their own interest. If interest is missing, You will stagnate in one place. I could do 6 years ago and do not regret it.
amos_Hintz answered on August 19th 19 at 22:48
Internet marketing is a much more difficult path and more profitable, if you manage to master it. If to the company, where you are invited, there is a really cool experts that have a lot to learn, I'd agreed. And programming you're not going anywhere, and knowledge is not lost. Often the Internet marketer is that person who hires programmers for the needs of the project, promoted and wrote for them TK, therefore, to understand the subject will not be superfluous.
Again, as you fully master the GA without programming knowledge? These 2 professions next to go.
zoila answered on August 19th 19 at 22:50
Do and so and so
Larry_Frami48 answered on August 19th 19 at 22:52
Better to do what you love, I understand for you it programming.
But if you're not mieshi to find work, you can try this choice of safe standing is. Going there this marketoids, find tasks for automation and writing stuff. Is portfolio and you will easily find work as a programmer.
estrella.Schiller80 answered on August 19th 19 at 22:54
Once you ask this question, it appears that for s/n at this stage you have with programming options comparable.
To work as a marketer for the programmer - a very rewarding experience, so it makes sense to try it, in 2-3 months it will be clear that more like it, but the experience in marketing will remain
Teresa answered on August 19th 19 at 22:56
And then, and more. Will come in handy when you start to work for themselves.
Marilie67 answered on August 19th 19 at 22:58
He now combines the profession of a programmer (web and mobile) and Internet marketer. One mutually complement each other... I have learned to position ourselves, make landing pages and websites for advertising their services, plus do their promotion and monetization... is normal!
Harmony_Hand answered on August 19th 19 at 23:00
And you have a choice?
You other do not offer. You have searched more, but found none.