There is a intel server with the motherboard S2600WT2R and two processors E5-2630V4.
Also installed memory samsung 8*8 M393A1G43DB0-CPB
It is necessary to increase the RAM.
1) firstly, I have not found specs with the tested memory. I assume that the memory still need to put the same manufacturer who has practical experience?
2) Limitation - rank RDIMM and 2, but this? Frequency the processor supports the 2133, but was not always critical to put more memory frequency - just have to work at least. Now on sale in the main 2400 and more.
3)If you consider the fact that the memory controller Quad-channel, does this mean that you need to buy at least 8 modules, for optimal performance?
Frequency is not important, as mentioned above.
The manufacturer is also not important, because this is not a RAID array, where almost everything must be 1B1.
If you want to see in practice, we take, for example, memory Kingston and Crucial memory and shove in a home PC. You will see that there will be no conflict because the PC is still a producer, it is important timings, frequency etc
Peter2 answered on June 5th 19 at 21:52
1. Not necessarily, you can put the memory of the one you buy.
2. Yes, the frequency does not matter, 2400 or 2133 Controller in the processor will decide how it is convenient.
3. Not necessarily, how much money is enough so many can buy. Do not have to use the memory controller.