How to "merge" the flat and delta files are the snapshots of VMware?
0. Starts a virtual machine on ESX 4.1, hangs at 95%
1. The virtual machine with snapshots and the huge size of the delta files. Decide to remove snapshot.
2. When deleting the snapshots are all hung, the host is rebooted
3. Manager of snapshots are no longer displayed anything
4. Delta files on the server left, the VMDK files are already mounted to another virtual a virtual machine and run.
Really like to pull the data from the last version of the file system?
Probably not sure, but I would have tried "Remove from Inventory" and re-from vmx file "Add to Inventory", suggesting that if the files are a snapshot of the whole, then vsphere will tighten itself.
If the machine does not start, reaching 95%, we recommend to do on the host
1) /etc/init.d/mgmt-vmware restart
2) /etc/init.d/vmware-vpxa restart
3) /etc/init.d/mgmt-vmware restart