Whether to take the 15 rMBP now or wait for fall?

Rested in performance MBA 2011 4Gb RAM/128 SSD and space is not enough and the built-in memory back to back, in SC2 not normally play )

Want to take a Retina Macbook Pro ME665 (early 2013) — 2.7 Ghz, 16 Gb RAM, 512 Gb SSD.

In principle, at the moment, that's all I need.

However, as always, not far off, update proshek on Haswell and most likely a new GPU.


Since this laptop is bought at least 2 years, plagued by doubts, not to suffer any more with the current EIR, and then already to take updated model?


Heard that the performance is not greatly increased, compared to Ivy Bridge, power consumption is not critical for me, because most of the time I use stationary with an external Thunderbolt display.
October 3rd 19 at 04:38
8 answers
October 3rd 19 at 04:40
Solution
Every year something new and "tasty", so you can wait forever :)
I agree, more coloneus to the fact that we must take now, if "necessary". But suddenly someone will bring a decent argument to the contrary :). Met at the Western forums of the opposite opinion - edwina_Trantow commented on October 3rd 19 at 04:43
Look at reviews, whether there are no jambs (build, features work) that you do not like the current model. The next basic will have to fix the idea. But may be new, the risk is higher in the first months after release.
Remained three months, and you can wait, if not critical. Like take new. No — use the old cheaper. - dominique.Croo commented on October 3rd 19 at 04:46
October 3rd 19 at 04:42
According to the new Air we can say that the new MacBook Pro Retina will definitely be wi-fi 802.11 ac is noticeably faster ssd. If any of this (as well as increased battery life) is important to you, then wait. I think that the 15 inch laptop can take now. And in the case of 13, I would have waited on adding discrete graphics, I hope not, but the integrated graphics in Haswell are more powerful Ivy Bridge.
October 3rd 19 at 04:44
I didn't wait, took rMBP 13 Retina (early 2013) right after the recent WWDC, I've been waiting for anansiruyut new on it. With the retina prošek it is necessary to pay attention to the manufacturer of the display, the matrix LG is a "feature" sometimes manifest "ghosts", Google the words retina ghost issue. Have samsonovsky matrices there is no such.
Models MB Pro 15 2013 matrix is only a Samsung, so the problems with the residual glow is missing! - edwina_Trantow commented on October 3rd 19 at 04:47
Bioroid, that's not true. Approximately the same ratio LG:Samsung how and 2012. - dominique.Croo commented on October 3rd 19 at 04:50
October 3rd 19 at 04:46
Yes, that's right. Haswell will be more abruptly. But looking at a new air, any idea what the CPU frequency will be less, but the type is still "more". The first batch will be with a horse's price tag, but the old could be better and the price tag will fall. And to buy new works, I think, only by January.
The store opened in Russia, so the price should be on the level. - edwina_Trantow commented on October 3rd 19 at 04:49
About the price, before it was. However, in Ukraine the new "airy" you can buy now at very reasonable price. - dominique.Croo commented on October 3rd 19 at 04:52
October 3rd 19 at 04:48
Here also is to decide whether you want a MacBook or a high-performance GPU.
As I understand it, you have only StarCraft, it does not require any performance from the GPU. So in your place I would have just bought a new mbp now.
Thanks for the advice.
Hmm, well, actually, StarCraft 2, especially Heart of the Swarm require rather strong GPU to play comfortably on at least medium graphics settings.
But in General, you are right, GPU not a priority, just a nice bonus. - edwina_Trantow commented on October 3rd 19 at 04:51
October 3rd 19 at 04:50
Wait
Can you further explain why? - edwina_Trantow commented on October 3rd 19 at 04:53
139 days since the last update, a new Apple Online Store in Moscow and St. Petersburg. The new models will be more fast SSD, Wi-Fi, perhaps more slim case 13 well and Hasswell.

buyersguide.macrumors.com/#Retina_MacBook_Pro - dominique.Croo commented on October 3rd 19 at 04:56
October 3rd 19 at 04:52
I would have waited. Without some sort of serious arguments. Wait a short time, the probability of updating of a ruler of 99.99% (I think), and your need for a new not to say that the critical (critical is when you have a laptop the only tool for your job, and the old has failed completely). Against inflated prices at the time of start of sales will help, I hope the newly opened Apple Online Store.
October 3rd 19 at 04:54
Thank you all for the advice. Still bought it, because tired to wait and hope :)
right, otherwise you'll have to wait a lifetime - edwina_Trantow commented on October 3rd 19 at 04:57

Find more questions by tags MacBook