This problem can be caused by:
1. Version 1.0.1 is quite old (now current 1.3.2).
2. Something in the package Ubuntu screwed up.
3. Something with a passenger.
1. Assemble a new Passenger:
$ sudo gem update passenger
$ sudo passenger-install-apache2-module
2. Update ubuntu-redmine (in the team I could be wrong):
$ sudo apt-get upgrade ubuntu-redmine
3. Carry the fuck ubuntu-redmine and put themselves in this
instructions the latest version. But instead expand the database update for this
instruction (with pre-bekapa database and /files, of course).