How to work on a prepaid basis as a freelancer?

What if the employer doesn't want to work through the BS and offers to work directly with payments in stages.
Whether to accept and how best to execute the work on a prepaid basis. What percentage to ask for? (web design)
March 12th 20 at 08:00
6 answers
March 12th 20 at 08:02
Solution
Always work with prepaid.
Usually, we take 50% advance payment. If the project is large, then the possible options (e.g., not to split into 2 parts, and more, or the payment of certain stages of work)
As a rule, the work is as follows:
1. Discussion of the project (TOR)
2. Prepayment
3. Work on the project
4. Approval by the customer
5. Payment of the remaining portion
6. Transfer to the customer all materials
March 12th 20 at 08:04
Solution
Without payment there is no point even to start. Too much throw. Lagomasino for example works 100% payment back guarantee if customer not satisfied with the option. 50% optimally. Or 30-30-40%, in stages, if the project is large. But safe deal is extra interest.
Without payment there is no point even to start. Too much throw.

Threw and on the part of artists including.
Who want to keep the advance payment for no work done. Yes, @Mathilde ?
Can I be prosecuted? - muriel.Ja commented on March 12th 20 at 08:07
Without payment there is no point even to start. Too much throw.

Prepayment is a buzzing and highly desirable.
About, "too much throw."
Over the last 20 years I threw exactly 2 times, the amount equivalent to my week's work.
There is more from you depends. - muriel.Ja commented on March 12th 20 at 08:10
@muriel.Ja, all right. Depends on how to work contingent. Beginners have to get to work with shady characters. On fl.ru for example, a huge number were thrown among the customers who want everything cheap and with high quality. - Mathilde commented on March 12th 20 at 08:13
@Mathilde,

On fl.ru for example, a huge number were thrown among the customers who want everything cheap and with high quality.


If you like, you will be treated and handled. Because a considerable number were thrown among the performers, as well as even more inept for the customer to get acquainted with good by this luck. For the performer is able to work efficiently - kept over the years.

So it seems to me that you exaggerate the "Scam customers".

However, perhaps it's just the fact that it was the design. And design without brief, in the formal compliance which the payment must be made certainly is hope for the best, high probability of failure. - muriel.Ja commented on March 12th 20 at 08:16
@muriel.Ja, he did not mean customers, and troubled personalities hanging around on the FL-ru. Customers there is 1-2%, the remaining 98% is bought from them scammers half... - Aisha_McLaughlin commented on March 12th 20 at 08:19
March 12th 20 at 08:06
You can, if the steps take a little time.
For example, the client wants a template site and there's some layout, say bought.
A couple of days to negotiate and collect a few pages for his project.
Here is the stage.
March 12th 20 at 08:08
What if the employer doesn't want to work through the BS and offers to work directly with payments in stages.
Whether to accept and how best to execute the work on a prepaid basis. What percentage to ask for? (web design)


Small and frequent steps pay-as-progress is minimizing risk and for the contractor and for the customer.
The interest as agreed. I take 50%. But not the fact that your customer will agree.
March 12th 20 at 08:10
Your point is logical requests ΓΌ one hundred percent of the customer's zero, 50 is somewhere in the middle so you yellow risks in half
For larger projects, a phased share, respectively, of the size of the stages
March 12th 20 at 08:12
Does not happen such situations as you have, if the customer does not want to work through the guarantor, so it is generally not going to pay no before and after work.

Find more questions by tags Freelance