I have always wondered, always shrouded in mist theme game development. But no matter how I tried to ask the all-knowing Google, what is the difference of c# from c++ and why for large projects use c++, the answer I never got.
So, I ask you, fellow game developers and software developers(maybe they, too, charité), what is the difference why for larger projects choose c++, because as far as I know, they are in principle similar(yet all of the family C)
P. S. Guys, please don't beat with sticks. I'm generally a novice web programmer) Just really really these your si interesting :)
1) C++ came first => game engines on it too => big games too => the major studios used to it
2) C++ is slightly faster. If you don't like optimization, your bad code in c++ can sometimes work faster.
3) C++ is the base and the engine, which appeared earlier and more nuanced.
4) C# easier to write and more convenient. For most games suitable C#.
5) C# is much safer and allows less to go wrong and write less code.
6) C# game weigh less (code).
7) C# (Unity 3D) for such a low entry threshold that even the students write it and post on Steam.
What do they look like? They equally put parenthesis and semicolons.
winston.Medhurst answered on March 12th 20 at 08:07
Choose not language. Choose technology. In a simplified (although not correct) variant engines. Technologies are selected based on the objectives And resources. And the technology CAN (but not necessarily) to pull the language.
Example. You need to quickly make a small game with an average budget. You can take a ton of engines. BUT the team has plushevii. OK, then take the motion and plushikov. Or Vice versa - you need to make Melograno the game, and the team a bunch Sabitov - why not grab a stack of technologies with a sharp, if OTHER criteria they fit.
About "in principle it seems". German and English as similar? While the Spanish and Finnish? The letter then there is always the Latin alphabet.
So they "the principle is similar.
I'm even more put on. Language in GENERAL is almost nothing depends. You can take advantages to compile some thread havnekontoret nastroeniem and to brake a nightmare. You can take a Sharpe, to feed the ultra-modern interpreter, and everything gets everywhere and will cool. On the contrary - the same is true absolutely. It is about how to say that "all romance novels it is better to write in English, and monumental Talmud - Latin".