Continue to write your script to automatically install one distribution. Decided to replace a sequence of instructions with an invitation to enter into dialog using dialog
Since this installation script, that I thought I need a nice progress bar. Decided to use --gauge
I decided that all the time the installation progress bar should be in the background, yet the time will appear dialog like yes/no, or invitation to enter a username, for example.
So, I issued this:
while [[ $i < 101 ]]
dialog --yesno text 50 50
done | dialog --title 'Test script' --gauge 'Running...' 6 60 0
1. That is, after each executed command for the progress bar should be added conditionally
2. In the background should be easy to run the install command is not outputting anything
to the console.
3. Also had to display the dialog box
, but with this challenge, as I have said above, the progress bar just freezes, and when you click on Enter, it becomes active again (obviously, a new window is invisible, but interactively).
Tried various bundles with --no-kill, --keep-window --clear
like nothing helped.
When a bunch of dialog boxes in the chain via --and-widget, everything works fine, but then there are two problems:
1) the Windows are launched one after another. That is, next window starts after the completion of the last (the progress bar in my case).
2) it is Not clear how then to add interest.
Maybe describe a bit messy, but seems clearly described the task. The main thing to solve the problem.
Thanks in advance for your help.