do not chase stuff
p.s. if you really're looking for speed can update to 1.13.7 nginx version and openssl to 1.0.1 g or above and cut in TLS 1.3 it go faster data than TLS 1.2.
1. TLS v1.3 in a state of draft, by default, it does not work in openssl nor in nginx, we need to rebuild both and even in this case does not work because not all browsers support it. Do not advise that you do not know.
"ssl_session_cache" shared:SSL:10m; and that so little?
2. But why more? You have 10,000 unique visitors a day?
1 MB cache can hold about 4000 sessions, you have really so much?
nginx use epoll method for handling connections
3. And are You sure it is linux? maybe he freebsd And then you need to use kqueue
use all cores of your server/VPS for the nginx process worker_processes - Colville core.
4. And you know that it is enough to set worker_processes auto; and not to suffer? nginx itself will determine how many cores in the system and how much you need to start workerb.
5. About ALPN is not advertising's sake, read my article
there all is intelligibly painted, no guesses
About basic configuration of Nginx I also have an article
I recommend reading.