View practice Lean Startup in the Internet a lot of articles on the subject, although the direct approach is not universal.
Briefly, to product launch and all up to code, make the page "quick" on some Landing Page generator. Even if you are the coolest Front-end developer, it will be cheaper. Plan shall describe the idea, write "Soon to be", add block "Subscribe" or "Notify me when the product will appear". Spread the website among the target audience and evaluate the "how come" as the potential first customers you will get. The most active users send you feedbacks and suggestions. You can understand, it will do all that it is profitable and is it worth the trouble.
Traditional marketing like competitor analysis, niche, business planning also has not been canceled.
If the candle stands, then do the MVP (single or team depends on the scale). Distribute it among target audience and has already collected a database of subscribers. This is the first customers and the feedbacks for further growth (or stopping the project).
And there is a perception (and I'm inclined to agree with him) that if during MVP, the first version of your product over time is not a shame, something went wrong.
If you want more tips, then:
- Find a motivated partner. If you're a techie, let it be a marketer/seller and Vice versa.
- A great team shouldn't involve, if you don't pull in the money. At the same time, to find people who work not only for wages, but also because your product they like - a great success, but we should strive to do in the first stage.
- Make out officially, when it became clear that the MVP is successful. There are many conversations on this topic actually, but if partners don't agree-then it will be even harder to leave. Although, if the risk of failure of the product is too big to get involved in the bureaucracy/paperwork/legal issues too early is also not cool and takes a lot of time.
- Do not attract investments too early, if you can drag yourself at least some time. Then you will be more expensive, and the percentage share less.
- Don't be afraid to change on the go, the MVP of that and have to find their business model. There are many examples, when the shoot is not the basic idea, but a side branch of the product.
And by the way just think how you will check out from your competitors.
In General, I'm afraid you still won't listen to the part of the Soviets. If this is your first project, you still fill the cones to the next project to realize that "MVP in 5 days" is not such a bad idea) Passed, know.
UPD. And yet, your tools in the first stage:
Designer Landing Page
- Go to develop, just put something to control the tickets. In the first phase can be a lightweight type of Trello.
PS if not a secret, in what area of the idea?